Job title: Customer Support Representative
Reporting: Customer Support Manager
Location: Frankenmuth, Michigan
Date: November 2016
The Customer Support Representative is the company’s key customer contact portal. This position receives incoming requests for technical support of wireless cable internet and VOIP services, makes sales with potential commission to new and existing customers, schedules service and installation appointments, accurately enters information into the customer database, protects company data and its resources, assists with walk in support inquiries, equipment testing or exchanges and other duties as required.
- Receive inbound telephone calls from SpeedConnect customers to resolve support issues, service concerns and answer general support questions in a courteous and tactful manner.
- Place outbound telephone calls to customers to assure satisfaction and resolve open service requests.
- Schedule service calls as necessary.
- Assess customer needs and respond to customer inquiries regarding high-speed data products and services, offer additional or alternative products and services, explain price information and installation procedures.
- Negotiate sales with potential and existing customers, complete sales order entry, installation scheduling and account activations.
- The Customer Support Representative handles all customer process exceptions.
- The CSR researches and responds to all customer complaints or open service requests.
- Educates customers in the use of various computer appliances as may be needed to access company services.
- Responds to all customer service related emails.
- Keeps accurate database entries of any equipment changes and customer contacts.
- Practices retention to save disconnects and avoid reduction in services.
- Places change orders for disconnects, service changes, prepares associated paperwork and processes special requests for services generated from the customer.
- Responds to any messages from answering service or voicemail boxes.
- Handles customer billing issues and processes customer payments maintaining accurate billing database entries.
- Accurately performs various clerical duties.
- Performs other duties as may be required.
Candidate must have a high school diploma; some college is preferred. Must pass a company background check and possible drug test. Personal computer training and experience a must; previous call center experience preferred; networking experience or knowledge preferred; a technical acumen combined with a resilient personality and a positive public relations customer company attitude. Prior sales experience helpful.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary plus commissions
- Health, dental, and vision care insurance.
- Matching 401 (k)
- A relaxed but professional atmosphere and a dress code to match.