Announces 4G Network Deployed by Huawei in Michigan
been in the national news lately! http://betanews.com/newswire/2011/09/14/speedconnect-announces-4g-network-deployed-by-huawei-in-michigan/
SpeedConnect will be offering services designed to support high
usage demands. It will launch a 4G network, providing up to 10Mbps
x 2Mbps connections, throughout Michigan. The new network, deployed
by Huawei using the company's SingleRAN solution, will offer
comprehensive and secure fixed and mobile broadband solutions
for homes and businesses in the Thumb of Michigan.
"We've been working very hard with Huawei to offer our existing
customers and Thumb residents a better broadband connection," said
Bruce Moore, Vice President and General Manager of SpeedConnect. "SpeedConnect
will not be satisfied to keep apace of emerging technologies
and bandwidth demand; we're aggressively spending and developing
the best-for-streaming, highest-capacity networks possible." The
new network will provide nearly 100 percent coverage in the three
counties of Huron, Tuscola, and Sanillac.
- The 4G network will support ultra-broadband Internet access, IP telephony, gaming services, and streaming multimedia.
- SpeedConnect will offer many options to connect to the 4G network including indoor modems, outdoor modems, USB devices and personal routers.
- A personal
wireless router that acts as a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot can be
connected to SpeedConnect's 4G network and provide Internet
access for up to 5 devices. This works at a distance of up
to 10m or 30 ft., and will provide Internet or network access
to any Wi-Fi enabled peripheral device.
- SpeedConnect's 4G service will provide up to 10Mbps x 2Mbps connections.
- SpeedConnect will deploy 4G technology on 24 tower locations throughout the Thumb. Communities that will be served include: Frankenmuth, Pigeon, Unionville, Sebewaing, Akron, Fairgrove, Caro, Cass City, Bad Axe, Ubly, Harbor Beach, Kinde, Kingston, Clio, Mayville, Millington, Marlette, Sandusky Deckerville, Minden City, Argyle, Snover, Carsonville, Dayton, North Branch, and Peck.
- SpeedConnect anticipates offering a unique prepaid service option on the new 4G network. Customers will be able to "pay as you go," and have the ability to recharge their broadband account without monthly recurring fees.
does rural American think is more important, GPS or broadband?
recent ZimmPoll* asked the question, “Which is more
important to rural America: GPS Service or Broadband Internet?” A
majority of 66% said Broadband Internet with 34% choosing
SpeedConnect High-Speed Broadband’s Eastern Iowa Investment Continues
Muscatine Expansion Increases Speeds, Capacity
wireless broadband service is expanding coverage and capacity
in Eastern Iowa with a new Muscatine tower. Residents will
see enhanced coverage with technology upgrades. This improvement
complements a recent and adjacent coverage and capacity investment
made in Wilton for expanded coverage. Providing the newest,
best technology keeps even peak usage buffer-free.
is driven to build the best-for-streaming Internet experience
in Eastern Iowa. We’re very pleased to be making so many new
2 Hardware: How to Ditch Your Cable Provider Without Giving
Up on TV
have Internet hookups built right in, but there are plenty
of ways to get web video to your existing set. Devices include
Roku, TiVo, the new Apple
TV, Google TV, PS3, Xbox 360, Nintendo
Wii and countless HDTV sets, Blu-ray players and other more.
According to a Nielson survey, the method of choice for most
people is through game consoles. Owners of game machines spend
an average of seven to eight hours per week watching streaming
Xbox 360 streams Netflix and sells TV shows through its Xbox
Live service. Sony's PS3 has movies and shows
But both gaming consoles are limited to content approved by
their parent companies.
breaks the alternatives list down
with the following recommendations:
Roku 2 XS:
Best solution for less than $100
Best solution for Apple fans
solution for gamers
Best Wi-Fi Blu-ray player
WD TV Live
Hub: Best solution for hard-core tech geeks
HD: Best wireless PC-to-TV solution
HDMI cable: Best DIY wired PC-to-TV solution
get connected tomorrow!
Internet providers can take days or even weeks to connect you.
In most cases, if you order our service
today, we can connect
you tomorrow! That’s SpeedConnect!