Job title: Technician
Reports To: Technical Operations Manager
Geographic Responsibility: Quad Cities Iowa/Illinois
Work Location: Quad Cities Iowa/Illinois
The technician position is directly responsible for the installation and service activity for SpeedConnect’s customer base. The primary focus of this position is to install new customer accounts, solve service-related issues, identify local RF or interference issues, and provide superior customer support as the representative of SpeedConnect at the customer’s home or business.
Major Duties And Responsibilities
- Complete a daily route of new customer installations and service calls as assigned.
- Establish, nurture and maintain favorable relationships with customers, potential customers, past customers and community members.
- Maintain proper customer paperwork and cash/check collection procedures.
- Submit weekly inventory reports for equipment assigned to work vehicle.
- Operate and maintain assigned work vehicle.
- Follow strict safety guidelines when performing company work.
- Handle ladders and hand tools.
- Represent the company in a completely professional manner at all times; present a professional attitude and appearance in employee, customer, vendor and contact interface situations.
- Participate in community events.
- Actively look for new sales opportunities, and solicit referrals from existing customers.
- Participate in other duties/responsibilities/projects as situations dictate and/or as directed by the Technical Operations Manager.
Key Success Factors
- Complete daily route with availability to work Saturdays as required.
- Maintain company vehicle.
- Complete weekly equipment inventory report.
- Strict adherence to company safety guidelines.
- Continually monitor and look for expense-reduction opportunities/efficiencies.
- Exhibit enthusiasm, high energy and tremendous work ethic.
- Understand the technologies and plan for training opportunities throughout the year.
High school diploma or GED required.